Brian is a computer scientist, entrepreneur, and angel investor. Brian currently serves as Chairman of Gillware, which provides cyber risk assessments, data recovery, incident response, and digital forensics services. He is a co-founder of Phoenix Nuclear Labs and served on PNL’s board from inception to when it decided to spin-off SHINE Medical Technologies. Those two companies have raised over 100 million dollars of venture capital and employ hundreds of people in Wisconsin.
During this interview, we discuss:
● What’s happening now with the cybersecurity
● What is ransomware
● What you should be doing to protect yourself against ransomware
● How bad guys infiltrate your network and access your information
● How to protect yourself from hackers
● What user authentication is and why it’s important
● How to best protect your login credentials
● How to create multiple levels of user authentication
● Why Google Authenticator is one of the best ways to protect yourself
● Why getting an email to validate your login won’t protect you
● Why hackers hack
● The different ways hackers use to hack you and how to prevent it
● How someone can gain root access to your system and how to stop them
● Which is safer, Mac or PC?
● Which is a safer Apple or Google phone?
● What a YubiKey is it and why you should use it
● How to find the right