David Flores Wilson, CFP, CFA, editor of Planning to Wealth, has a passion for serving as a resource to friends, colleagues and clients. After years of advising individuals on the side, David established Planning to Wealth in an effort to find new ways to better serve his clients and provide accessible, quality financial advice. Providing everything from financial planning tips and wealth management guidance to travel hacks for your next vacation. David aims to be the go to resource for all financial topics and life planning considerations. His financial guidance has appeared on Yahoo!Finance, Investopedia, CNBC, Investment news and others.
In addition to managing his blog, David is a Senior Wealth Manager and financial planner at Watts Capital in New York City where he has been working for over 9 years. There, David advices and coaches business owners and professionals on a broad spectrum of financial matters as they make progress towards their goals and dreams. Prior to joining Watts Capital, David was a VP in Fixed Income Division at Barclays Capital. He received a BS from the University of Berkeley and holds the Certified College Financial Consultant, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and Certified Financial Planner designation. David the IMCA Alternative Investments Certificate and completed the Certified Investment Management Analyst certificate program from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
David enjoys traveling, reading Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, yoga and snowboarding.
During this show we discuss:
• The key financial skills people lack when starting up their business
• How to correctly navigate your financial plan when you’re about to launch your business
• 5 things a startup entrepreneur can do to thrive in today’s economic climate
• 5 tips entrepreneurs and startup can use to aid financial management
• Two proprietary investment strategies entrepreneurs can follow to yield financial growth
• Getting started with risk management as a small business owner
• How to correctly manage a sudden windfall in your finances
• How to become proactive with your finances
• All need to know about building an emergency fund for your business
• 3 financial strategies I can use to maximise savings
• Methods you can use to reduce your income taxes and save more
• The smartest financial move entrepreneurs can make in their business