Gil Baumgarten, one of the nation’s top financial advisors, is the Founder and President of Segment Wealth Management, an RIA financial advisory firm. Since its inception in 2010, Segment Wealth Management has grown to a top-ten firm in Houston, as recognized by the Houston Business Journal, with over a billion dollars in client assets under advisement. Gil is also a nine-time recipient of the Top 1,200 Financial Advisors distinction and has been ranked among the thirty-five best advisors in Texas by Barron’s.
Distinctions aside, Gil’s affinity for precision and detail reveals itself in his daily life as well.
During the show we discuss:
● The good, the bad, and the ugly in Wall Street investment
● “The house always wins.”
● What the brokerage ecosystem look like
● The differences between brokerage and advisory systems
● The most important new SEC regulations for us
● Brokerage tactics that make your portfolio inefficient and put you at a disadvantage?
● Common self-destructive tendencies that make every investor vulnerable to brokerage firm schemes
● How to walk away from the FOOLI$H routes investors so often take
● Tips for better investment results
● The best practices in investing
● Finding your investing style
● Successful investors have in common
● What the “two-portfolio theory” is