Many business owners lose countless hours manually tracking their employee’s hours and the hours they bill to customers. But there’s a much faster and easier way to track expenses and time. In this interview, Marc Summe shows us the easiest way to track time and expenses saving organizations a lot of money in the process
About our Guest:
Marc Summe is the CEO of Minute7, which does time and expense tracking for professional service businesses. Minute7 helps professionals service businesses get paid faster from their customers. The company is bootstrapped and has thousands of users. The company doubled its revenue last year.
Prior to Minute7 Marc worked in finance and private equity. He met a lot of successful entrepreneurs along the way before deciding to make the leap himself. He walks to the office every day and loves the autonomy that comes with running your own business.
In his younger days, Marc had ambitions for comedy and completed training at Second City in Chicago. Now he lives in the suburbs and has three kids under the age of 5.
During the show, we discussed:
• Reasons why tracking expenses is important
• Wrong-way of tracking expenses and how to fix it.
• About Minute7
• How Minute7 is different from other applications
• How Minute7 help businesses
• Features and benefits of Minute 7
• How Minute7 works
• The time and money you can save with Minute7
• Why businesses need a time tracking system
• The need to track time
• What the system does once it starts tracking time
• What to do when an employee forgot to clock in or out
• Using Minute7 to prevent time theft
• Auditing data
• Tracking who edited the data
• How Minute7 help with payroll
• Setting the rate of an employee
• Keeping up with reimbursements and other invoices
• Devices we can use for Minute7
• Customizing Minute7
• Security measures that Minute7 offer