Ryan Frederick is a Founder and product person at heart. He now helps companies build great software products and solve data challenges for competitive advantage as a Principal at the product and data consulting firm, AWH.
Ryan is an active angel investor, mentors, and advises entrepreneurs and startups, as well as corporate innovation leaders. He launched a non-profit workforce development program to train under-employed adults on digital skills called i.c.stars.
Ryan has authored a book on increasing the odds of success in creating products, being a Founder, and starting companies called The Founder’s Manual: A Guidebook for Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur.
During the show we discuss:
● What does it take to be a founder
● Wrong idea about being a founder
● Must-dos before building a company
● Having a winning idea for a business
● Finding your niche
● Steps to build a company
● Core principles to help increase the odds of being a successful Founder
● What are needed when building a company
● Advantages of creating your own product
● Product development process
● Creating successful products
● Tips for making a successful product