In this episode, Thom King reveals his secrets to building a hugely-successful company and having optimal health so you can be the best version of yourself.
About Our Guest:
Part CEO, part personal development wonk, and part biohacker info geek, Thom King is a self-confessed serial entrepreneur. While his favorite book list contains many success-oriented and personal-development classics, the traditional definition of achieving success (e.g. make a lot of money) is not what inspires or motivates King. He follows more of a “you aren’t doing well unless you’re also doing some good” line of thinking. King’s company has been built around the simple principle of “do the right thing”.
In 1999, Thom’s personal passion for food and his concern over the explosion of metabolic disease led him to found Steviva Brands known as Icon Food, with a mission to help food manufacturers replace unhealthy sugars in their products with natural options. With 20 years of R&D work, Thom has helped hundreds of manufacturers improve the quality of their products. In recent years, his passion for food and optional health has intersected with his embrace of a ketogenic (low carb, high fat) diet.
During the show we discuss:
● What makes a successful entrepreneur
● How to build a business with ‘why’
● Key habits and mindset needed to be a successful entrepreneur
● Important things to know before pursuing entrepreneurship
● Why drive and determination are essential with running a successful business
● Smart ways to win competitions
● Why a lot of people failed to start or grow a business
● Common mistakes when starting a business
● “Catalysts” or exponential growth points for business
● Importance of a business plan
● Should you or should you not use venture capital to grow
● How to use crowdfunding to grow
● Why self-care is important to your success
● Best way to market your product
● What makes a successful marketing strategy