Mike Sowers is a licensed contractor and broker in the state of Minnesota. He holds the CCIM designation, which is the highest designation you can achieve in commercial real estate. After investing in residential real estate through flipping, wholesaling, and rentals for over twelve years, he was sick of overnight HGTV “experts” and ready for something bigger. A lot bigger. So he sold his multimillion-dollar remodeling business, modified his residential investing system for commercial use, and added an extra digit to every deal.
Today, Mike is the CEO and founder of Commercial Investors Group and the host of the CREative Commercial Real Estate podcast, sharing his methods for graduating from residential to commercial investments using equity partners. He has a platform called Commercial Investing Mastery that helps students nationwide learn how to follow the exact methods he teaches in this book.
During the show we discuss:
● Why choose commercial real estate to invest
● Which is more profitable: leasing or selling a commercial property? Why?
● How to get the capital you need to get into commercial real estate
● How to build an investment strategy?
● How to assess a commercial property to determine its potential worth
● Every property is bound to need some sort of repair. When analyzing the property for potential profit, which types of repairs are worth the cost?
● What is an equity partnership?
● How to establish equity partnership
● How to find investors, pitch them, and get the equity funding you need for your deals
● What are “asset management systems”
● How to put asset management systems into practice
● What Commercial Investing Mastery is and who would benefit from this platform