She worked in the investment business as a stockbroker, a branch office manager and broker trainer for 15 years and has taught many levels of investment education to both adults and young people.
Susan’s book, “The Whole Kitt & Caboodle: a Painless Journey to Investment Enlightenment” (Bancroft Press:1996) was recommended by Economics America and called “The most well-rounded source of basic stock information and education” by Better Investing Magazine.
During the show we discuss:
● Why you always need to Understand How a Company Makes its Money
● How important is being slow but steady in your business journey
● How to avoid paying too much for shares of a company’s stock
● The difference between a loaner to and an owner of a company
● The risk and the things that can go wrong with an investment
● "Rumpelstiltskin's Rules for Making Your Farthings Grow"
● Why are earnings per share critical to understand
● How to identify your personal risk tolerance
● How to minimize the risks in an investment
● 7 Rules for Making Your Farthings Grow
● Why is diversify important in investing
● Strategies to be successful in investing
● How are stocks and bonds different
● How to find the right investment
● What to expect in an investment
● Tips for beginner investors